New to API integration

tbarbieri
tbarbieri Member Posts: 2

My company uses Infor CloudSuite Distribution to manage invoices for warehouse orders. A big task we have is data entry with these invoices. I'm a new programmer working on a client based application written in Python. My app extracts and encapsulates data from scanned invoices. I want to learn how to push the data that my program collects directly to Infor CSD, instead of manually entering it through the browser GUI. I believe I need to find an Infor API to work with, and use postman to integrate my Python code with the API. I've been having trouble figuring out which API I need to use for my purposes, from reading the ION API documentation it seems like there are many options to choose from that serve different functions. Is there anyone that could give me some direction?

Best Answers

• Brandon Watson
    Brandon Watson Member, Infor Partner Posts: 25
    Answer ✓

Hello - The Items endpoint will contain most, if not all, of the api calls you will need for this. You dont necessarily need Postman, as you can call API's directly from Python, but I know there are some great integration tools in Postman that could help with security functions especially.

The first one, POST /items, will allow you to add the document with all of the needed attributes and values. You can also check-in/out, retrieve, update, delete, and many more api functions. There are not many api's outside of the Items section that you would need, unless you want to retrieve entities or model information.

• Brandon Watson
    Brandon Watson Member, Infor Partner Posts: 25
    Answer ✓

Yes, I very often use Postman, as it allows me to connect to many different customers that I have access to. You will need to create an Authorized App in the Tenants API Gateway. I have two Apps, one for Manual Input and the Web App one for Web authorization.

• Rinjin Lama
    Rinjin Lama Member, Staff Posts: 2
    Answer ✓

Yes, you need to create an Authorized App in the tenant to obtain authorization. Here is the video demonstrates how to authenticate for web applications/PostMan using the OAuth2 Authorization Code Grant flow and Resource Owner Password Credentials grant.

Answers