Developing and testing 4GL queries in Cloud

Artur
Artur Member Posts: 2

Hi,

I wanted to ask about the possibility of creating and testing SQL(4GL) queries in Cloud Infor LN. I know, thah in OnPremise version of Infor LN was tool called Easy SQL, but I know that it is missing in cloud. I don't know how to prepare query for a script or report, check it in editor such as OnPremise Easy SQL - what data they return, what they look like, what type fields are, whether the tables are joined correctly and quickly fix it.

I understand that we don't have access directly to database because it's now multitenant, but I think that this is not an argument for not having such functionality. We can add extensions to sessions, tables, create reports and other objects that use such queries. We even have access to LN Studio, where we have access to various aspects of creating new functionalities. It's not about creating tables, indexes, fields, but about querying data.

How can I develop/test queries in a cloud environment?
I would like to be able to use this prepared query in a script, assign values ​​to variables and use it in the 4GL script.

Comments